Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Jennifer Price

Hi everyone! 

 My name is Jennifer Price and I am an A Certified USPC member of the Seneca Valley Pony Club in the Capital Region! I am 20 years old, a student and the University of Maryland College Park studying Animal Science: Pre-Professional. I was SUPER excited to be selected for the exchange for multiple reasons - I love to ride, I love to travel, and I love every opportunity to represent my country! 

 This summer leading up to the exchange has been a busy one! I ride and train professionally as a job pretty much all year round, so I have been riding 25-30 times a week in addition to taking summer classes at UMD and assisting a PhD student with her equine research on campus. Yikes! It has been awesome to have conference calls and group text/emails to keep in touch with everyone and know what needs to be done to prepare for the trip. We have recently received our luggage and team wear, which is making the reality sink in that we leave next week! I am very fortunate that both and Ema are from the same club and region and have the amenities in our area to host the Training Camp, so I do not need to travel until we leave for Canada. I can't wait to finally be on the plane there! I can't wait to meet Nicole at USPC Championships tomorrow when we walk in opening ceremonies, and the remainder of the team next week. Trying to check everything off my list of things-to-do before I run out of time! I know it will be worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment