Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Nicole Ligon

Hi! My name is Nicole Ligon and I am extremely excited to be on the 2015 Inter-Pacific Exchange Team. I am from Glenmoore, Pennsylvania, originally from Phoenixville, PA. I recently graduated from West Chester University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Middle Grades Education (4-8) with specialization in Math and English.

            I’ve been riding since I was seven, dabbling in many disciplines including Arabian breed shows, hunters and equitation, games, polocrosse, showjumping, and endurance before settling in to eventing. I have spent the majority of my time working with young and green horses, but I got the chance to compete for a few seasons at the Preliminary level with my OTTB before a lameness sidelined him. I am now back to the beginning, taking my new OTTB from her last race in November of 2014 (after 66 starts) to her first Novice event this July!


            I feel that I have taken advantage of every opportunity the United States Pony Club program has to offer, including competing at Championships in four disciplines, attending National Youth Congress, being a Visiting Instructor for the past five years, being the Co-Chair of the National Youth Board, and my most proud moment- achieving my “A” certification the weekend of my 21st birthday. What a way to celebrate, right? I will continue to contribute to those in this incredible organization through teaching at my family farm, running summer camps, and shifting into leadership roles through Pony Club after I have a whole lot of fun in Canada with the Inter-Pacific Team. I look forward to blogging about our adventures in a few weeks! Go USA!

2 comments:

  1. Have a marvelous trip, Nicole. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a marvelous trip, Nicole. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete