Monday, July 6, 2015

Janna Ritacco, Coach

We are less than a month away from our trip and everyone is starting to get excited!  

I am Janna Ritacco, the coach for the 2015 Interpacific Exchange in Canada.  I have had the honor of coaching the USPC team in the last three IPE's:  Hong Kong/China in 2010, New Zealand in 2011, and Australia in 2013.  I am looking forward to coaching this team when they compete in Ontario.  

This IPE will be slightly different for me this time because I will not be there for the whole trip.  Team chaperone Allyson Hartenburg and I will go straight from Championships East in Lexington, VA to the IPE training camp.  I will be able to attend most of the training camp, generously hosted by IPE team member Ema Klugman and family in Maryland, but then have to get back to South Carolina because I am the organizer for our region's HB/HA and C3/B/A certifications.  I have a lot of Pony Club irons in the fire this summer!  I will meet the team in Ontario in time for the Nations Cup horse selections and competition.  I am disappointed to be missing out on the majority of the trip but am happy to be able to participate at all.  The team will be in good hands under the care and guidance of Allyson.    

A little bit about me:  I am from Greenville, SC and I am a National Examiner for the United States Pony Club.  I am a graduate HA Pony Clubber from the Carolina region and Greenville Foothills Pony Club has their "home base" at Riverbend Equestrian Park, the facility that I manage.  I am also the coach for the Furman University Intercollegiate Dressage Team.  

I am excited to meet the rest of the USPC team as well as the other IPE teams.  The neat thing about the IPE's is the friends that you make.  I am still in touch with members of each team I've coached as well as members, chaperones and coaches from other countries that were on the trip.  

Cheers for now!
Janna Ritacco

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. I wish you the best with your team. Have a marvelous time in Ontario. I am impressed with your blog. Tell Nicole that I accidentally wrote on her blog twice. I'm new at this blog stuff! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete